cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles in CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup CUA with 2 Child systems. Now I created about 50 users with some roles associated with them to the central system. Now I want to distribute these 50 users along with the roles assignment to the child systems.

I was able to "download" the roles and upload them to the child systems.

I know how to distribute the users to the child systems -> basically add the client name to the "systems" in the central system. But what I dont know is, how to assign the roles to the users in child systems.

Unless I manually goto all 50 users and add the roles in the central system for all child systems....

Is there an easier/automatic way to do this?

Thanks

Seelan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

we customize our roles in the main client of the cua and transport the roles from there to the child systems. we think it's easier to keep the system clean. if you do an download and an upload of roles you must generate the profiles in the upload system. you don't have to do that when transporting.

for mass change of users you can use transaction SU10 . otherwise you can write a catt or ecatt - in my case SU10 is faster :o)))

but remember, thats working only when text comparison from child systems was made (tab roles).

regards,

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seelan

In the Central system on Role tab page, it is possible to assign roles to a user in the child system.For this the central system should know all role names in the child systems. It is always possible to manually assign a role that exists only in a child system, but not in the target system. However, you can only use the F4 help with current data if you have first performed the Text Comparison from Child Systems . If you

want to use F4 help with current data, ensure that you perform a new text comparison between the central system and the child system after creating new roles in the child system. During the text comparison, specify as the Target System the system from which the central information is to query the new information.