Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding phone number in Notification history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Gurus,

I need a simple tip regarding notification history:

When a user make a change in the Notification description it's being showed its user id, the date and also the phone number. I know the phone number come from user profile and we cannot touch on that.

Is there any other way to hide this information (for example via customizing)?

Thanks in advance.

Michel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are talking about the log line in the notification long text. You can switch off the log line entry through customizing.

IMG:

-Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -Maintenance and Service Processing -Maintenance and Service Notifications -Notification Creation -Notification Types -Define Long Text Control for Notification Types

Select a notification type then see log line flag.

The log line can be switched off but you can still protect the existing text with no text change flag.

I don't think there is any way to configure the actual information on the log line, it is either on or off.

-Paul

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My only comment would be, that it may be possible with enhancement spots if you are using ECC6..

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul and Pete.

We're currently running 4.7... upgrade to ECC6 is for next year.

I understand there is no way to change what info the log line contain. So either we get them all, or none. That doesn't leave us much choice

I've spent hours in IMG, websites, OSS to find out something telling me how to update the content of the log line... .unsuccessfully.

rgds.

David.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Open an OSS Message to SAP and see what they recommend???

PeteA

Answers (0)