cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iGrid Save To CSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an iGrid on a page. When I right click, then Data - I see Data and Save As CSV File highlighted. When I select SaveAs CSV File, a blank screen pops up, beeps, then goes away.

In the documentation it talks about a option to Enable Save As CSV, but I cannot figure out where to turn it on system wide.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternative-

Put a Button across grid and under its code put

document.Grid.saveAsCSVFile();

I think it will solve your purpose..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or use this function

function saveAsCSVFile(applet)

{

eval("document."+applet).saveAsCSVFile();

}

onlick="saveAsCSVFile('you_applet')">

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the explorer option to be excel and turned on the check box.

I have found that if I hold down the Ctrl key on my keyboard after selecting the "Save As CSV File" option, I get the pop-up to display the Save or Open window. If I select open, it routes my iGrid data to an Excel spreadsheet. If I pick Save, it beeps and closes the pop-up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try enabling the option Confirm open after download for .XLS file type too. That will handle for most of the file types associated to Microsoft Excel.

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you have to hold down the "Ctrl" key in order for the window to open then you have a Pop-up blocker turned on. If you turn this off it should work fine. IE depending on what version has it built in also if you have a toolbar such as Google or Yahoo make sure this is turned off as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repeat Step 4 and select microsoft excel. please make sure, that you had enable the entry as discripe in step 5.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried this and the pop-up for the save just opens and closes. Does not stop long enough to let me identify where I can save it.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can confirm that it's bound to a particular machine or even a corporate PC image then you might also want to look at the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.CSV registry key. Find one that works and one that doesn't, then compare differences.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

please try the following:

1. Open the Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options...

2. Select Register File Types.

3. Select from the Registered File Type the entry CSV.

4. Click the Button Change and select Internet Explorer -> OK.

4. Select Advanced and enable Confirm Open after Download.

6. Try again from your iGrid. Now a windows pops up and ask for open or save the file.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, on my display templates I have the "Enable Save Data Locally" checked. The "Save To CSV File" is lite up, but it just flashed a blanck page when selected. I am on release 11.5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure but it may be a pop up blocker issue on your browser.

If its enabled then disable it.

Also , have you tried running your application from a different machine ?, this'll help you determine if its a client specific issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a iGrid Specific feature so I am not sure what you mean when you talk about System wide.

For an iGrid you can allow/disallow Data to be saved locally by going to Context Menu Behaviors when you open up an iGrid on the MII workbench for 12.0.

For 11.5 you can achieve the same in the Behaviors tab of an iGrid Display Template.

I believe by default this option is checked both in 11.5 as well as 12.0.