Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find programs/jobs having sales org in variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to have some new sales org created in our SAP system(4.6C). After creating these sales orgs we need to modify variants of batch job which are using sales org as a parameter or select option. Is there any standard program which can be used to list all programs which has sales org(VKORG) in its selection screen.

Regards,

Sajith.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you would get the entire list.

1] you can do a where used on the tables having VKORG. for ex do a where used on VBAK-VKORG. Similiarly other main tables. This could be tedious.

OR

2] You can use report RPR_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN to search for string VKORG. I think you are targeting only Custom programs. Maybe the output is not that big.

0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

This will list all programs where VKORG is used, it will be too huge to analyse We need a functionality where the variants of all programs can be exploded and find if VKORG is being used.

Regards,

Sajith.

0 Kudos

I suggest writing a custom program using table VARID to find all variants, then use fm RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS to scan the contents of each variant (parameter VALUTAB).

Thomas

0 Kudos

In that case I would agree with Thomas on writing a cusotm program with RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS.

Get all the custom programs...then in loop get all the variants...and then get the contents and scan through the contents.

but I think maybe scanning the OBJECTS table will be better in this case than VALUETAB. VALUTAB is helpful if you know the value you are looking for. In your case you want to add new values to vkorg, so searching the OBJECTS table for vkorg might be helpful.

Again it does not guarantee the entire list because the list will only show what the programmer named the field.