Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Analysis Authorization Error

darryl_goveas3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a set of reports on some infoproviders which use analysis authorizations to restrict access. these have been in place since the beginning of the year and there are no new infoobjects that have been made authorization relavent.

However, in our Dev environment our user is now getting an error when trying to access the reports: "You have no authorization to MultiProvider XXX". I have even tried assigning Analysis Auth 0BI_ALL to the user but this does not work.

Are there other areas we can look at to try and resolve this? I have checked Dev to QA (which still works fine for the user), and cannot see any other differences that may be causing this.

Thanks!

Darryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the user have access to the transaction SU53 if so ask him to run this after he gets the error - this will give you authorisation details

Also if the problem is specific to development box you can compare the user roles/profiles from SU01D and from the same transaction in development where you are facing the problem you can also check if some profiles/roles have been deleted if the user had access before. To do this from SU01D enter your user on the menu bar you have an Information option, from here view the change documents

darryl_goveas3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

Thanks for your feedback. The user had SU53, but it says that there have been no errors!

fyi, we are running the report on BI portal, but I get the same error if I try to launch it directly from Query Designer. Also, if I run in BEx excel analyzer, it shows 'no applicable data' and not even the selection screen. For all these options using an id with SAP_ALL, this works fine, so I am guessing there is some authorization value that needs tweaking that is not Analysis Authorization related...

Strangely though, if I use RSECADMIN to run the query as the user, I get back results.

I checked the user profile between Dev and QA and there is nothing missing in Dev...

Cheers,

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try the transaction ST01, check the flag Authorization Check and the user in General Filter, finally push the botton trace on. Run the report and see the log (button Analysis).

In the list you can find all authorization object used and value.

Now you can use the transaction PFCG to add the authority object needed in the role of user

Massimiliano

darryl_goveas3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all - solved the problem using bits of help from everyone.

It seems like the system is now explicitly expecting authorizations for MultiProvider objects, and not just listing the multiprovider under the InfoCube object (which had worked originally).

i.e. We originally granted authorization using only S_RS_COMP, and this was sufficient.

I now had to also add authorization using S_RS_MPRO to allow access.

Cheers,

Darryl

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Since the user already have 0BI_ALL and still receiving that error the issue here is in the authorization object S_RS_COMP where you specify the InfoCube (actually is InfoProvider) to access.

The user must have that MultiProvider there:

S_RS_COMP:

ACTVT ...

RSINFOAREA ...

RSINFOCUBE insert or add here the MultiProvider

RSZCOMPID ...

RSZCOMPTP ...

So check for that authorization and update it with the MutliProvider.

Diogo.