cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing table displays graph as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When I print a report (table) to PDF, it also prints the graph off of the reports. I only want to print the table and not the graph.

Any way I can do this?

Thanks,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do one thing, have Tab Strip.

Here, you can have the Analysis Item in the 1st Tab and the Graph in the 2nd. Heading can be given as Report and Graph, whatever.

Have a single Print Button, and in data binding put both the Analysis Item and the Graph.

What happens is, when the 1st Tab is selected, and Print is clicked, only the Report is printed and when the 2nd tab is selected and Print is clicked, only the Graph will be Printed.

Now, if you want both the Graph and the Report, have a 3rd Tab , have a Container Item and paste both the Analysis item and the Graph into it. In data binding, link the Container Item too. So, when the 3rd Tab is selected and the Print button is clicked, both the Graph and the Report will be printed.

The final output: Template with 3 tabs and 1 print button.

Just give it a try. It should work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using WAD 7.0 ?

Here you have defined the command Export Web Template. In here, give the ANALYSISITEM in the Data Binding section.

Your problem will be solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice one Vishal, that did the trick.

One other problem though.....

In the template a user can select to print either a graph or a table. If I change the Data Binding section to only print a graph and print it it will only print the graph as required. But if I want to print a table as it is not selected in the data binding section it prints a blank screen. Any way I can change the binding to print either a graph or table depending on what is selected.

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

a solution which is not nice but it is workable.

give ur users 2 print buttons.

1 select for graph

1 select for table.

This way ur users will have both options.

otherwise it will require coding and dropdown options to fulfill that requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

We would have 3 print options though:

1. Print graph

2. Print Table

3. Print graph and table.

I suggested that, but business not happy with that idea.

Cheers.