cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like insert a Search Help on a field containing a UZEIT type, I try to set Input Help Mode "Automatic" in Dictionary search help appear "CLOCK" but it doesn't work, into the web dynpro It doesn't appear, then I try to set Input Help Mode "Dictionary Search Help" and fill relative field with elemenatary search help "SRM_F4_UZEIT", it appears but if I click on it I have a dump...

Are you able to help me???

Thanks

GN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

search help in your screenshots for me will be perfect... I have created a component that implements interface IWD_VALUE_HELP, but I didn't understand how to continue... how do I have to use it in order to implement the search help?

thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have a look at this link:

http://code.google.com/p/abap-sdn-examples-tpj/downloads/list

I just uploaded a PDF document that explains the process and the source code for the component in the screen shot in SAPLink format.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:Thomas

I want to consult problem which about web dynpro for abap

In WEB DYNPRO FOR ABAP ALV whether have Date & Time search help,

it to select a date and time In alv field

If not, how should I achieve?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the new version worked well. Great stuff.

Best regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

is any update availabe on http://code.google.com/p/abap-sdn-examples-tpj/downloads/list ?

It seems that the nugget "NUGG_WD_TIMESTAMP_VALUE_HELP.nugg" has the old version.

Best regards

Andreas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I didn't get any errors when I tried importing it into one of my systems. However just to be safe, I went ahead and uploaded a new NUGGET that did not include the component interfaces.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Thomas,

How can I get the 12 hour mode to be the default mode instead of the 24 hour mode. I have tried several things with no success.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In the component controller method WDDOINIT of Z_TIME_VALUE_HELP I have the following logic:

stru_internal_node-hour_mode_24 = abap_true.
  stru_internal_node-am_pm_visible = cl_wdl_core=>if_wdl_core~visibility_none.

This sets the mode to 24 hour mode.

If you change the default to 12 hours (by reversing these values), then you will also need to fire the logic from the method INITIALIZE_AM_PM. This is currently a method in the View, but you will need to move it to the Component Controller to change modes on initialization.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I tried your suggestions, but it still defaults to 24hr time. And for some reason, if I set a break-point in the Help_View, the program will not stop. Weird. So I can't actually debug the help view.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not exactly sure how I can help you. I've suggested an approach, but I can't see what code you actually applied. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to debug either. Can you debug in other applications?

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Nevermind. I misunderstood your PDF instructions and had created my own HELP_VIEW view in my own web dynpro component. It was never being called, of course. That explains why I couldn't debug it.

Thanks.

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to import the nugget NUGG_WD_TIMESTAMP_VALUE_HELP.nugg with ZSAPLINK but I get the DUMP:

cx_wdy_md_already_existing

in method CREATEOBJECTFROMIXMLDOC of class ZSAPLINK_WD_COMPONENT.

Possible reason:

checkexists is false, as the interfaces ziwci_.... are already imported, but cl_wdy_md_component=>create_complete

can not create the WD component complete, because the interfaces are already created. deadlock

How can this problem being resolved?

Best regards

Andreas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I tried to import the nugget NUGG_WD_TIMESTAMP_VALUE_HELP.nugg with ZSAPLINK but I get the DUMP:

>

> cx_wdy_md_already_existing

>

> in method CREATEOBJECTFROMIXMLDOC of class ZSAPLINK_WD_COMPONENT.

>

> Possible reason:

> checkexists is false, as the interfaces ziwci_.... are already imported, but cl_wdy_md_component=>create_complete

> can not create the WD component complete, because the interfaces are already created. deadlock

>

> How can this problem being resolved?

>

> Best regards

> Andreas

Honestly not sure if there is a problem in SAPLink or if I included too many objects into the Nugget that I posted. I might have to recreate the nugget and make sure that I don't include the generated WDA interfaces. However I'm afraid that I am TechEd Berlin this week and I am really quite tied up. I can have a look at the nugget next week when I return to the office.

ibulanova
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved this problem dividing the file into 2 parts. First I downloaded a component controller (thats it everything between <WDYN>  </WDYN>). Next I downloaded interface controller (<INTF>  </INTF>).

Best regards

Irina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

sorry for misunderstanding, the SP level is SAPKB70009.

Regards

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I didn't find any notes off hand, but you might have better luck searching. If you are sure the implementation is correct and that the listener is simply sending the wrong context element through the interface, then you can always open a support ticket. However SP9 is quite old - especially when it comes to WDA functionality. Your company should really consider updating their support package level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have a last question for you, in your pdf, in last pitcure (1.36) there is an interface node, is it useful for valu help? I don't understand if it needed you for something else or it needs for valu help application.

I ma working on SAP ECC 6.0.

Thanks

GN

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

> I have a last question for you, in your pdf, in last pitcure (1.36) there is an interface node, is it useful for valu help? I don't understand if it needed you for something else or it needs for valu help application.

> I ma working on SAP ECC 6.0.

>

> Thanks

> GN

The interface node is used in the component Z_TIME_STAMP. Now that isn't actually a value help component. Notice it doesn't have the value help interface. This is a composite component for displaying a single timestamp value as separate UI elements (date, time, and timezone). The interface node is there so that this component can be controlled via the hosting component. This Z_TIME_STAMP component is like the ALV or Select-Options components.

You state that you are ECC 6.0. What I wanted to know was what NetWeaver Support Package level you were on. Since the value help listener works fine in my system, I was going to search OSS to see if there were notes around the value help listener but wanted to not look at notes that were already included in your SP level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I applied your solution and it works, but I have yet a little problem, If I bind my field with an attribute of CONTEXT primary node the value selected into value help returns on my dynpro when I click "select", if I make the binding with an attribute of a secondary node of the CONTEXT the value selected doesn't return in the webdynpro.

In the first case the path is CONTEXT.time

In the second case the path is CONTEXT.GOODRHS.time

Do you have any other suggest for me?

Thanks

GN

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that I am not able to recreate the problem that you describe. I was able to use both a subnode with a 1:1 cardinality and a subnode with a 1:n cardinality and they both worked perfectly fine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/2929251038/

There isn't really any logic in the custom value help around this anyway. It takes whatever context element is passed in by the framework in the value_help_listener and uses that to restore the updated value. If there is a bug and you recreated my example exactly, it would then appear to be in the standard SAP code, not in the custom search help. What SP level are you on?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The automatic determination of Clock for the time value help is not implemented yet. Hopefully someday we will get that. I'm not familiar with the SRM_F4_UZEIT value help, but I would have to guess that it has some SAPGUI or screen calls within it (perhaps via a search help exit) that make it incompatible with Web Dynpro. Personally I just created my own time value help as a custom value help. Its really not that difficult. You create a component that implements the interface IWD_VALUE_HELP. This interface gives you the SET_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER method which is called by the Value Help framework. You can use the value_help_listener (IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER) to query information about the triggering context attribute and to copy values back. Here is a screen shot of what my time value help looks like (I modeled it off of the SAPGUI time value help):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/2923859999/

Its not visually very exciting, but has some nice logic for switching between AM/PM and 24 hour clock input modes.