cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send text-attachement in mail ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i have a workflow in which a user can attach a RAW-document to the task. there he puts in a text.

now i want to put that text in an email in the next step of the workflow.

but how can i manage to get the text in my emal ???

reg, Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use send email step and pass the BO 'ATTACHMENT' to the method 'SENDTASKDESCRIPTION' of BO 'SELFITEM'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

first of all i am sorry that my answer was kind of 'unfriendly'.........you try to help me and i appreciate that very very much !!!!!! i had a bad day on my last post

well, anyway, i still have the same problem. now i see that is better to pass the attachement to the send email step !

but i don't know how to achive this.

i use the BO 'SELFITEM' and method 'SENDTASDESCRIPTION'. okay so far so good. and i don't know how i have to do the bindings that the att. is attached to the message. i does not work

reg, Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put the send email step after the task in which the user adds the attachment.

In the send email step do a binding for the container _attachments into the _attachments in the send email step.

If any attachement is made by the step before the corresponding attachment is found to be available in the send email step also.

Let me know.....

Thanks ,

Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you guys

i know that i have to add the attachement to the step. but the question is

HOW can i display it in the email ????? this is a raw document, and i have tried

to put the _attchaement binding into the task-description. but that does'nt seem

to work okay.

reg, Martin

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to display the attachment content inside the mail instead of just passing it on?

If that is what exactly you want, then you need to add a background activity before the send mail step to extract the attachment details in a internal table and use it. Use the FM

SO_OBJECT_READ.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, but HOW can i pass it on ? i still don't get that point

anyway, the user wants to have all information in the email. why should he open

a seperate document for just reading the comments ? thats kind of user-unfriendly.

even if the user has to logon to sap.

reg, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

yes, but HOW can i pass it on ? i still don't get that point

anyway, the user wants to have all information in the email. why should he open

a seperate document for just reading the comments ? thats kind of user-unfriendly.

even if the user has to logon to sap. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually you are unfirendly in requesting an answer.

1) Anyways for reading each of the attachment there have to be a background job to read the content of the attachment and then either pass data into a table and then into the email step mail content.

Or use the content and use mail send FM in SAP FM 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'

2) How to read each of the attachment content is below:

To read all the attahchments in WI and to find the document id use FM SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER

Then Use FM - SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1...... and Read the document content for the doc using doc id from previous FM

U can get the exact content in the message and can use it accordingly

Hope I was clear lem me knoww

Thanks,

Charan

reg, Martin