cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP2 Patch 3 dispatcher bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason, after installing SP2 Patch 3, both my dispatchers fail to start; I uninstalled both dispatcher services and tried testing but I get the following error:

Running MxDispatcher_dummy_dispatcher.
JNI error finding main class. - Exception: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/
sap/idm/ic/services/api/MXMCApi"

I've never encountered such an error, after installing any patch.

Anybody else facing this issue? or know what could possibly be wrong?

ANSWER:

the dispatchers were running when you did the installation/Upgrade, and some of the clases where in use, and not replaced. The installation failed for the java-part, and more or less all required files are not copied into the installation-folder.

What to do:

start the installation again, and when you get the quesiton on what you want to do, try to reinstall/repare the software-installation, or remove/reinstall the software.

If you have to remove/reinstall the software none of the configuration will be removed, just remember to install the software into the same location.

Edited by: Kare Indroy on Oct 9, 2008 8:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANSWER:

the dispatchers were running when you did the installation/Upgrade, and some of the clases where in use, and not replaced. The installation failed for the java-part, and more or less all required files are not copied into the installation-folder.

What to do:

start the installation again, and when you get the quesiton on what you want to do, try to reinstall/repare the software-installation, or remove/reinstall the software.

If you have to remove/reinstall the software none of the configuration will be removed, just remember to install the software into the same location.

Regards Kåre Indrø

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Kare!

That worked perfectly! It was a bit of ignorance on my part; I should've stopped the dispatchers before applying the patch.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)