cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on XML to RFC scenario. I've few questions.

1) how do I map XML structure with RFC?

2) The incoming XML file contains multiple records while BAPI can handle one record per time so how can I resolve this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

You can map your input xml structure containing multiple records with the RFC. Hope below link will help you. You have to change the occurance of the RFC as 0----unbounded while mapping.Please find the below link.

In that see File to RFC with multiple records, in saptechnical.com

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

>1) how do I map XML structure with RFC?

Import the FM to PI (context on imported objects) where they will act as XML Schema

>2) The incoming XML file contains multiple records while BAPI can handle one record per time so how can I resolve this situation?

[Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, itu2019s possible!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Is there any way I can do this mapping without BPM ?

Udo,

you sent the link but it shows the mapping on1:N and in my case the Source file contains multiple records and Target RFC can handle only one record at time.

Any suggestion welcome..

Thanks & Regards,

Chintan

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

the RFC can handle only one request at time? Yes?

Then call the function module as often as required. And therefore you need a 1:N split. One sender message, many receiver messages.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's make it simple way.

If I am doing File to RFC scenario and if I've 100 records in the file then how it's going to work? Do I have to procees each rocord one by one? I mean one record per file Or Can I put all the records in one file and process it? How the BAPI is going to handle if I put all the records in one file?

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan

If the RFC can handle only one request at a time and you are getting 100 records then you need to call RFC 100 times.

Map the parent node of the incoming message which can occur 100 times to the RFC node and this will pass the message 100 times to the RFC.

Another way to do this operation is call the RFC interface in mapping multiple times as 1:n mapping scenario

If RFC is accepting complete set of 100 input data as 1 then use a UDF and map it.

Thanks

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Bhargava on Oct 9, 2008 6:38 AM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>1) how do I map XML structure with RFC?

In Message mapping and Interface Mapping Choose the source interface as the input XML message type and the target message as the RFC request message and map it.

>>2) The incoming XML file contains multiple records while BAPI can handle one record per time so how can I resolve this situation?

You need to use BPM with mulitimapping. To call the RFC for every record you should define a Block step with mode as ForEach and add the Send step to RFC within the block.

By Piyush Gangwal

Thanks

SaNv...