cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel as a datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal report (currently it is Crystal 9 but we are migrating to XI R2) that uses an Excel file as the datasource. It uses the Microsoft Jet OLEDB driver 4.0 and Excel 8 as the database type. I am pointing to a shared drive (letter g) as the file location. The user ID "Admin" appears with no password as default.

I uploaded this report to our Crystal Enterprise server when I try and preview it, the report keeps asking for a user ID and password. Using Admin and no password does not work (or anything else I tried). The "g" drive is mapped to the Enterprise server (just like my client computer) so it should be finding the file. I also tried to remove the "Admin" password when specifying the datasource with the same results.

So, are there any "tricks" to getting Crystal Enterprise to work with Excel as a datasource?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Crystal report server uses a different user profile to get to the network shared location behind the scene. Can you try and move the Excel file the same Box where Crystal Server is and republish to the server and test.

Regards

Dotun.