Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Inventory of one material in external automated warehouse

Hello gurus

The customer have several warehouses, and a few of them have some automatede warehouses defined as seperate storagetypes. The TO's are send via IDOC's and returned. It seems to work ok, but now I have a question that i have looked around for some time in the forum to find a solution for, and I havent found anyone, then I have to ask.

The situation is like this :

The external automated warehouse is represented as one storagetype and one bin only. This because the external system controlls its own bin.

The customer wants to do a inventory of one material only. The problem is that when this materiale is inside the external system. That means if I create a inventory document i get all the materials for this bin, and that is a few thousands.

The material is not marked for cycle counting. So i cant trick the system with defining a cycle counting parameter for this material only.

My question is how can I create an inventory document for one material only? Is it possible? In standard IM it is possible to create a document for a material/batch.

In advance thanks

Regards

Ivar

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question