Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to get to existing Webi prompt's operand?

I have several prompts in a filter of a Webi report. Some have an operand set to "In List", some have it set to "Equal", some to "Not Equal".

I would like via an SDK to get to that operand of the existing prompt and 1) see what it's set to, and 2) be able to dynamically change the value (i.e. sometimes I need to change it from "In List" to "Equal" or "Equal" to "Not Equal", etc.).

I have access to BO XI R2 and BO XI 3. Doesn't matter to me where I can get it to work as long as I can get it to work. I know there's limited .NET sdk's in 3.0 so if I can get it to work in BO XI R2 and it will later work with the 3.1 SDK's that's ok for me.

I thought of using the .Net Report Engine SDK and prototyped some code with BO XI R2. Am I wrong that it's impossible to that there? That the Java Report Engine SDK is the only one that lists anything in the API to deal with filters, queries, and operands? (Why is that if that's the case!)

So I turned to using .Net Web Services SDK with BO XI 3.0. But while I see how I can make a new query and filter and prompt I don't see how I can get to the existing operand's setting to both see what's it's currently set to (I need to display that) and then to change it.

I can get to the prompt's value, just don't see how to get to an existing operand. If it's possible please let me know and if at all possible if someone could provide some sample code that would be great! It just needs to be in .NET.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question