cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate records in all nodes of hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a hierarchy activated for Cost centers.

Asumming that XXX is subset of XX & XX is a subset of X. & the line item belongs to XXX cost center.

my output looks like

-XX 10

- XXX 10

As seen above the quantity 10 is getting duplicated at each node, but the main problem is that whole line item is being duplicate at each upper nodes.

I dont know why this is happening, may be i'm a bit confused or forgetting some silly steps.

can u guys help me out.

Thanks

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh I on Oct 8, 2008 4:12 PM

Edited by: Ramesh I on Oct 8, 2008 4:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused

Are you worred that the total for cost centre is being seen at all the nodes above it?

That's how hierarchies work

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , it is not the prob with the totals. total are fine.

But my prob is the whole record is again shown at its upper nodes too.

Cost Centre Vendor Doc.number Amount

India 13000 5105689658 10000

--Maha 13000 5105689658 10000

-- Mumbai 13000 5105689658 10000

as you may see, mumbai is subnode of Maha & maha is a subnode of India.

& this record actually belongs to mumbai Cost center, however the whole records again appears at the upper node Maha & then again at upper node India.

if I deactivate the hierarchy , the data is shown correct. record only for mumbai cost center appears as desired.

This is the first time i'm using hierarchy in this project & its giving unusual behaviour.Do u think it could be a patch or note prob. we are on BI 7 P 18. & using BEx 7.1 p 7.

Thanks

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh I on Oct 9, 2008 1:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No from what you have seen - this is totally correct behaviour

My question are you displaying line item records like this?

Normally - we will have a total for the cost centre hierarchy - then drill down to the total for a cost centre - then RRI to the line item report

I can see what you are trying to do - but it's not going to happen (you can try - the hierarchy option - display ifonly one record or somethign liek that - but it may or may not help)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ,

i dont think this is the right behaviour

India 13000 5105689658 10000

--Maha 13000 5105689658 10000

The whole doc line item should never appear repeatively at all upper nodes. i hv nvr seen a such a thing earlier, dont know why it is appearing so now.

because here the , if the user sees the report , he feels there are 3 records whereas it is otherwise.

This is what i want

India total

--Maha total

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we have to disagree

The row contains a cost centre - if you put a hierarchy on it and then drill down on all levels then yes you will see all the other fields in that row duplicated

It may not be what you want but that doesn;t make it wrong!

I have just done it on reports and yes it holds true and I do not consider this a bug

Answers (0)