Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reload program

former_member487858
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

1.Can the custom specific fields be included in archiivng or not.

2. Whether the standard reload program is needed for all objects.

3. Once the data is archived , Is it possible to reload the data back into the tables without using the reload program.

4. I want to run my archiving process every month using a particular object in batch mode.

In that case How do I assign the required archive flag automatically.

Thanks In Advance,

Shree.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

1.Can the custom specific fields be included in archiving or not.

Yes, if the custom field is included in the table that can be archived with Custom Archiving object. If this custom field is added to the standard table then check archiving object & archive with it.

In most cases client will not go for reloading option for all the archived data, it might required for Master data or Financial documents and in ECC system SAP has removed options of reload. Most of my case reloading option has not loaded the data back into all tables so with this my suggestion is try to convenience client at the initial phase for not going for reload options.

3. Once the data is archived , Is it possible to reload the data back into the tables without using the reload program.

No, it is not possible to reload the data back into the system without using reloading program.

4. I want to run my archiving process every month using a particular object in batch mode.

Yes, you can do this by creating Dynamic variant and scheduling it every month.

If the archiving object requires deletion flag to be set as a pre-requisites then you can create a custom program to set this or if that archiving object has program to set the deletion flag then use it. This as to be done every month before variant schedule date and time.

-Thanks,

Ajay

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

1.Can the custom specific fields be included in archiving or not.

Yes, if the custom field is included in the table that can be archived with Custom Archiving object. If this custom field is added to the standard table then check archiving object & archive with it.

In most cases client will not go for reloading option for all the archived data, it might required for Master data or Financial documents and in ECC system SAP has removed options of reload. Most of my case reloading option has not loaded the data back into all tables so with this my suggestion is try to convenience client at the initial phase for not going for reload options.

No, it is not possible to reload the data back into the system without using reloading program.

Yes, you can do this by creating Dynamic variant and scheduling it every month.

If the archiving object requires deletion flag to be set as a pre-requisites then you can create a custom program to set this or if that archiving object has program to set the deletion flag then use it. This as to be done every month before variant schedule date and time.

-Thanks,

Ajay