Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Vendor's Ordering Address (OA) on the Purchase Order

Hello Friends,

I need a little help with this one. We have different number ranges for the Vendor Partner functions to distinguish between Vendor's Head Office (VN), Ordering Address (OA where the PO is sent) and Invoicing Party (PI). I have created a vendor for each of these Partner Functions and attached the OA & PI Vendor Numbers to the main Vendor VN in the Vendor Master. (e.g. VN = 10001, OA = 20001, PI = 30001)

When I create a PO and enter the VN number (10001), the system shows all the Partner Functions in the PO Header (in the tab 'Partners'), but the address on the PO is still the VN address. My expectation is that since the OA vendor address is different and OA appears in the PO Header, the system should default the address in the PO to the OA address i.e address of 20001 even if I create the PO for the VN vendor. But the system retains the VN address on the PO.

I checked all the config for the Partner Determination including the Partner Schema and assignment to Purch Doc PO. I also flagged the VN, OA & PI as 'Higher Level' in the config 'Partner Settings in Purchasing Documents' --> Define Partner Schemas. However, the system still creates the PO on the VN address and not on the OA address.

How do I get the OA address on the PO so that the PO is sent to the correct address and not the vendor's Head Office ? Your help is most appreciated.

Swapnil

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question