cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of network profile during project copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I need to create project as copy of another project. The trick is that we need to automatically change the network profile of the new networks.

Letu2019s have a project with project profile PP01, with networks of project profile NP01. Then there is another network profile NP02 and project profile PP02.

One advice I got was to put value NP02 in the field "Network profile" on the tab "Plg board/dates" in customizing for PP02. During project copy in transaction CJ20N, I select the new project profile PP02 for the new project. This should force the new network profile NP02 for the new networks when they get created.

Unfortunately, it doesnu2019t work. The networks in the new project are still of the original NP01 profile. The field "Network profile" on "Control data" tab in the new project definition already contains value NP02, but with no effect on the networks. When I create a network in the new project manually, it considers the setting and proposes the NP02 network profile.

I tried in several systems (two different 4.6C, two different ECC 6.0). Didnu2019t work. I saw it working in the system of the adviser (4.6C). He is sure that it is standard functionality and no extra development stands behind it. Am I missing some settings? How to make it work? Is it really standard functionality?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question, but is there a way to avoid manual assignment to WBS elements? I assume that substitution of the network profile wouldn't work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When u copy the project in CJ20N, copy only WBS elements. Then create new network in CN21 with NP02 as network profile with reference (using copy filed) to earlier network created with NP01.

But u have to assign the activities manully to WBS elements in the new project.

Hope this helps to some extent. Let see what other has to say.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vladimir,

if you will copy from an existing project then the network will be

copied from project not by project profile.

if u want both are coming from project profile then u create project without copying any project.in this case new project will contain network profile as per ur project profile.

Regards,

Vivek Tripathi