cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal iview in INTERNET mode give a "DNS error" /OK in INTRANET/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm installing a sapwebdispatcher ( Nw2004s ) to access a SAP Portal from INTERNET .

INTERNET adress is "abcd.INTERNETdomain.com"

This portal EP7 allow to connect CRM and R3 server .

All of this servers are locally on same domain called : "myINTRAdomain.net"

The single sign-on is configured between portal and CRM/R3 and works fine in INTRAnet mode .

-

INTRANET mode : -

browser call ep7.myINTRAdomain.net

==(sso)==> crm.myINTRAdomain.net

result : the portal iview call a bsp that open OK in this mode

-

INTERNET mode : -

browser call abcd.INTERNETdomain.com

==> sapwebdip.myINTRAdomain.net

==> ep7.myINTRAdomain.net

==(sso)==> crm.myINTRAdomain.net

result : the portal iview call a bsp that open NOT OK in this mode

Error message is that appear in the browser ( iview frame ) :

The host you tried to contact ("crm.myINTRAdomain.net") cannot be resolved by DNS.

This error typically occurs when you mistype a URL.

=> For me , it's totally logical that this "local-intranet" adress of CRM server - crm.myINTRAdomain.net - is not know in INTERNET zone !

Only abcd.INTERNETdomain.com is known in INTERNET

What is the configuration to do ( in sapwebdispatcher ? , in portal ? ) to make the reverse proxy working ? is it the role af portal to generate the page or in sapwebdispatcher , ?

Thanks per advance

Yves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

The BSP iview is like an iFrame it just points to the address of the crm backend system.

The browser then needs to resolve it by a subsequent call.

So if the browser cannot reach the CRM system it gives the error you have.

So for this to fix you need to make the coniguration on the webdispatcher as it acts as the so called "reverse Proxy".

The portal is not able to function as a reverse proxy so thats why you need to configure it on the webdispatcher.

What you need to focus on are the urls... the webdispatcher needs to know where to dispatch too:

/irj, /webdynpro/ --> Portal/Webdynpro

/sap* --> CRM

Therfore read [ Server Selection and Load Balancing Using the SAP Web Dispatcher|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/5f/7a343cd46acc68e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Good luck,

Benjamin Houttuin

Former Member
0 Kudos

First ,Benjamin, thanks a lot for your response .

The principe is clear for me now

but do you know where I can made such configuration on sapwebdispatcher configuration .Is it a parameter of sapwebdisp.pfl ? Do you know the name of this parameter ?

other question , what is the adress to put in parameter icm/host_full_name ( sapwebdip.myINTRAdomain.net ? ep7.myINTRAdomain.net ? abcd.INTERNETdomain.com ? )

Bests Regards

Yves