cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of "CDs" for ECC 6.0 upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of any file stored in /usr/sap/put or elsewher which contains the list of "CDs" to be used for the ECC 6.0 upgrade? We are attempting to upgrade from releae 4.7x 2.00 to ECC 6.0 and we are experiecing errors because we do not have all of the correct "CDs", but there is no information about which "CD" the PREPARE is attempting to locate? We looked at the cdtrace.log file, but there is no useful information there. Older versions of the SAP upgrades would log which "CDs" were being sought and which were found on the given mount points, no such information in the ECC 6.0 upgrade logs. We have many languages installed, and have tried downloading all language "CDs",. but still something is missing, no idea what....

Edited by: George Zelnick on Oct 8, 2008 3:40 PM

Edited by: George Zelnick on Oct 8, 2008 3:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No install kits (boxes) anymore, everything has to be dowdloaded from service.sap.com. No media list anymore, you have to guess what to download or spend the time to download everything for all options. No indication in the log files what CDs/directory names are being sought by the PREPARE.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now I´m doing an upgrade from 4.6C to 6.0 and those are the CD's we have (from a box). You could try something here, Upgrade CD's can be added latter during EU_import phase so you could try to put just Master CD mount point and then add the following mount points when the prepare askes for it so you can discover where the problem is. Or you could write only Master and kernel mount points and start from there so you will be sure that this two do not have any problem.

This is not the most effective way but surely will let you know the wrong CD label.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the past we have mostly used the cds from the delivered boxes.

You can order the package "SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Installation & Upgrade" through http://service.sap.com/swcat

SAP ERP > SAP ERP 6.0 SR3

If you need a different SR, I would open a customer message and describe the source, target release and the os /db platform, and some days later you'll have the box in your office

Good Luck!

Uta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

( I upgrading from R/3 4.7 Ext 110 to ERP 6 SR3 -both source and target on Windows 2003/Oracle)

I have got te same issue with the error message as below. The UA Gui accepts the upgrade master folder path and succeeded in extracting upg tools to put dir.

But when it prompts for kernel location, path, I input it and got the following error:

*** There are either some mount points which can't be accessed or the currently mounted set of data carriers does not satisfy a mount request.*

Do you want to correct mount points?**

Even when I give it again, UA throwing same error. So I got struck up in my upgrade project. Please help me out to solve this.

Ganesh

Basis Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ganesh,

I am also facing the same issue, please can you help me out by posting what are the steps we required to solve the issue.

Kernels DVD location Upgrade Assistant unable to access it..

Please help me out..

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Were you able to fix this problem? What did you do to get past this?

Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message is "no matching label", nothing more, and the UA indicates that not all required mount points were found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No matching label.... whell seems that master upgrade is probably not from the same version than one of the CD's you got or downloaded. Are you sure the Kernel CD matches the OS/DB combo you have? or if they came together on the same box or you downloaded for example NW kernel SR2 and Master Upgr is for SR3 or viceversa?

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

just looked into my cdtrace.log. Search for the string "Searching" in the file and for me it looks like he shows all neccesary labels.

grep Searching cdtrace.log

2008/10/02 16:42:38 Searching for Data Carrier labeled SAPUPG
2008/10/02 16:48:30 Searching for Data Carrier labeled SAPUPG
2008/10/02 17:00:13 Searching for Data Carrier labeled KERNEL_UPGVAL
2008/10/02 17:01:12 Searching for Data Carrier labeled KERNEL
2008/10/02 18:05:40 Searching for Data Carrier labeled UPGRADE(1/16)
2008/10/02 18:06:04 Searching for Data Carrier labeled UPGRADE(7/16)
2008/10/02 18:07:44 Searching for Data Carrier labeled UPGRADE(7/16)
2008/10/02 18:33:34 Searching for Data Carrier labeled LANGUAGE
2008/10/07 14:16:09 Searching for Data Carrier labeled UPGRADE(1/16)

Best regards

Uta

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the correct mount points are applied this kind of output is given, but when the incorrect mount points are given only the first "Data Carrier" name is shown, the remainder that are needed are not listed. Also, the relationship between the Data Carrier name and the actual CD number is not given, so it may difficult to determine what to download. So, your information is helpful, but does not seem include all of the "CDs" that I would need, since I have so many languages installed. I am seeking the list that the PREPARE is using to make the comparison, or something equivalent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you will need

Upgrade Master CD Like ERP 6.0 SR3 Upgrade Master Windows Server on x64 64bit

Kernel CD (depends on OS/DB combo) Like NW 7.0 SR3 Kernel 7.00 Windows Server on x64 64bit Upg ABAP

java components like BS 2005 SR3 Java Components

components CD like SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Components

addon CD (if you need any)

Language CD Like ERP 6.0 SR3 Language CA,DA,ES,FI,NL,NO,SV

Upgr1 CD SAP Like ERP 6.0 SR3 Upgrade Export 1 of 12 (all of them)

Support Packs (if you need any)

all this names are from service.sap.com download center.

What is the error you get?