cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain session timeout in ICM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to maintain session expiration time in Webdynpro for abap?and where we need to put all these session related information?

Edited by: Oliver Stiefbold on Nov 20, 2008 10:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

The ICM will automatically use the Session timeout that is maintained within the instance profile. The profile parameter name is rdisp/plugin_auto_logout . It defaults to 30 minutes if not maintained. Your basis administrator can maintain this value within the instance or default profile. You must restart the ICM for any changes to this profile to take effect.

You can override the session timeout settings for an individual Web Dynpro application within transaction SICF. When you go into maintenance for a service node, this entry is on the first visible tab - Service Data. you will find an input field labeled Session Timeout. However it is only possible to specify timeouts that are shorter than those of the global timeout parameter of the ICM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I am relatively new to Webdynpro for abap. so, please kindly give me information about ICM.

Regards,

Murthy.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What exactly do you want to know about the ICM? The ICM isn't new or specific to Web Dynpro. It has been around since 6.10 and is used by the Integrated ITS, BSP, and Web Services as well. Try searching the online help for ICM - I got 339 hits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please refer to note 824554

tim_tan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Transaction Code SICF -> Hierarchy Type = SERVICE -> Execute -> Expand Virtuelle Hosts/Services -> sap -> bc -> webdynpro -> Locate and double-click your Web Dynpro Abap application -> Service Data -> Session Timeout.