Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

dashboard using excel XML map as source does not introduce any new data

I am on engage 2008 sp1 and I have dashboards set up based on data coming from an excel 2003 xml map that I've exported to an HTML file. The problem I am seeing is that the dashboard only displays data for the number of rows that were in the excel spreadsheet when I created the dashboard.

For example, my xml data is basically monthly totals. If I had 3 months of data on my spreadsheet when I created my dashboard, I will only ever see 3 months of data on my dashboard. If I put data into my source that is after the 3 months that was in when I created the dashboard, I don't see it. If I put data into my source that is before the 3 months that was in when I created the dashboard, I lose the last of the 3 month's data off my dashboard. What I have to do is refresh the data with engage to get the data onto my spreadsheet, then export the dashboard out to an html file. I do have a refresh data connection button in my dashboard that is hooked to my excel xml map and is set to refresh on load, and it seems to work just fine if I change any existing data. I think that part is working.

I do have my dashboard set to look at a much larger range of cells then the data being filled into the spreadsheet. My intent for all of this was to not have to maintain these dashboards - that the dashboard would be able to read in any new data and report on it. What am I missing?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question