cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message in pop up....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to display an error message in a pop up window , if some mandatory fields are not filled but problem is that if I am displaying the error message in the view which I am using in pop up window that error message is also getting displayed in the main view. I do not want to display the message in the main view.

Kindly tell me how this problem can be rectified.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

you have to fill the parameter VIEW of the method of the message manager.

Regards,

Rainer

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the same problem of displaying error messages in pop window itself . can you give how you solved this issue .

thanks

setu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try this..

wdr_test_popup_to_confirm demo progrm. go to ONACTIONDISPLAY_POPUP method. you will find the solution like altering window size

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

unfortunately this is not possible. Have a look at note 1003826.

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the quick reply. my that problem which I mentioned has been solved..Now I want to change the size of that window, as if I am showing that window as pop up then its coming bit smaller than I want can u tell me how it can be change..

any pointer will be helpful.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

try to change the height width properties of ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER in the view

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks, I am to set the size of window now by the way you told. But is it possible that user should not able to maximize the pop up window i.e. The size whatever is coming it should be constant and Without closing the pop window user should not able to close the main window.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

i dont hink you can do this

"The size whatever is coming it should be constant "

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri