cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompting for a value in crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to created a parameter for crystal report, so when i run it it should ask me for a date range. But when i put in my parameter and it asks me for the value and i enter it, but when the report appears all the values appear. Can someone please help me.

thanks you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

- Create a parameter on the database field say DATE Field. Name the parameter as ex..u201D My Parameteru201D. From the option values make the Range option as true.

- Click Select Expert on the Expert Tools toolbar. u2022 Choose Report > Select Expert from the menu.

- If the field you want to set record selection on is on your report, right-click that field and choose Select Expert from the shortcut menu.

- The Select Expert opens automatically for the field you select. You are not presented with a pick list of fields.

- If you have not selected a field by clicking it to make it active before using one of these methods, a dialog box opens, displaying the fields.

Tip: Your record selection criterion does not have to be based on a field in your report. You can choose any field from the database as a basis for record selection.

- Once you have indicated the field you want to set the record selection on and have clicked OK, the Select Expert opens.

- Select the filed on which your parameter is based on.

- Using the drop-down list, you can build selection criteria that meet your needs. Depending on the field you select, the available options in the drop-down list are: u201Cu2022 is equal to u201C.

- This option enables you to specify one specific value as the criteria, so that only matching records are included on the report;

In the list on the right hand side you have the option u201CMy Parameteru201D in the drop down list.

Click on ok and then refresh the report. The report will show the values in the report based on this parameter i.e. the all the values in that range.

I hope this helps you and let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Prashant.