cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO Cockpit Extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have to enhance the data source 2LIS_17_I0ITEM which is belonging to Plant Maintenance .I followed this procedure:

In R/3 development, first I deleted the set up tables for application 17(in LBWG).

Then in LBWE, below Plant Maintenance node, I clicked on maintenance button for this data source.I moved one field (MCQMFE FETXT Text) from notification Item from right to left .It created a work bench request after which the data source became inactive .

Now in button right to maintenance which has the name 2LIS_17_I0ITEM, Iclicked on it and unchecked hide and field only options.A new customising request was created

for this.

Finally I activated the data source by clicking on the inactive button using the above created customising request and the status changed from inactive to active.

Now I transported the above two requests to R/3 Quality in the sequence in which they were created:

(First workbench and then customising request).

In quality, after importing them in the same sequence, I went to LBWE.For this data source,I clicked on maintenance button and this field was appearing properly on the left hand side.But when I went in RSA6, this field was not appearing.

Did I miss any step in this procedure? Please suggest for the same.Your efforts will be appreciated.

Thanking You ,

Tarun Brijwani .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You saved the datasource structure, but maybe forgot to activate it. You can do this through RSA6 (and then double click on structure) or use SE11, or RSO2. Do this on the development system and retransport.

Use RSA6 and RSA3 in development system before transporting to insure everything is ok.

Edited by: Geo on Oct 8, 2008 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using bw 3.x version .

After I double clicked the data source in rsa6 and unchecked the hide and field only options and saving this, where is activate data source option in rsa6.

Also in se11, after giving my data source name, I am getting a warning that this doesnot exist .

Also I want to ask that before transporting into quality, shall I need to fill setup tables for the modified data source.

Also I want to ask that before importing any request into quality, shall I need to delete the setup table in quality .I deleted setup tables in R/3 only before modifying the data source.

Thanking You ,

Tarun Brijwani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on the extract structure in RSA6 and it'll take you to the structure. Activate it there.

You don't have to delete the setup tables before transport, but make sure that no V3 jobs are active and all the extract and delta queues are empty before the transport.

Also take guidance from the blog below :

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We dont have the option to activate the datasource.We can save the datasource after made changes.

You can not display the datasource in SE11 since it is not extract structure.

You dont need delete or re-fill the setup tables before importing the changes into QA.

Just unhide the field on RSA6 and save the datasource. now transport to QA. Now delete and re-fill the setup tables.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Chama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you said, I activated the extract structure before transporting requests into quality.

Then also the same problem (In quality, in rsa6, field is not appearing only but in maintenance button on left hand side structure (in quality) field has come).

And also how can I check that V3 jobs are active or not.

Thanking you ,

Tarun Brijwani .