Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Payroll posting

Hello Gurus,

Please help me in understanding FI-CO postings relavant to payroll.

Suppose an employee worked 8 hours on particular activity in a network and confirms it through CATS. So the activity gets posted with equivalent cost. Parallely, the employee gets salary for a day to work too. This salary is posted to a GL account u2013named Salary in SAP, which is perhaps an expense account. With reference to this posting, there will be posting to CO too.

The question is if I will see two postings in CO, one coming from FI to CO and another because of confirmation i.e double costing.

May be my understanding is wrong somewhere but would be glad to know as where am I thinking wrongly.

Cheers

Sunny

replied

Employee Home Cost Centre, in your case X will be debited as result of payroll processing.

Sender Cost Centre, in your case Y will be credited as result of activity allocation.

If the employee is working for home cost centre (i.e., employed by cost centre=works for cost centre) debit of payroll and credit of activity allocation goto the same cost centre.

Activity allocated costs can be greater or less than payroll cost and this results in under/over absorption at the cost centre

Regards

Sreenivas

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question