cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store personal data in two different languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as usual we're storing employee's personal data in the infotype 0002, but suppose we need to store this information (for instance the name) in two different languages with also two different alphabets (for instance english and russian, chinese, etc.) As far as I know you cannot store data in the infotype depending on the language, and for infotype 0002 there are no subtypes available, so what is the solution provided by SAP if you need to store information in two different languages?

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no language key to store as two separate language specific records. We use the same infotype to store the data in different language. But we configure country specific screens for it. For example if you want to store the information in Japanese language, you use screen 2022 for Japan were as it is 2010 for USA. There are additional fields provided on IT0002 to store the Country specific data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

first of all thank you very much for your answer, it's in fact a good idea, but what if I need to store the information both in English and Greek, if I create a new screen for Greek employees (lets say) they are only going to enter the info in greek language, what about the english info?

I don't want to create two registers in infotype 0002, I think it will be a better idea if we had an infotype to store additional info in other languages, take into account that we'll probably need other fields like family members names and so on

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

The this kind of requirement , we can enchance infotype 0002 with a subtype and configured this subtype with the related screen number as for US use 2010 and Japan use 2000.

Regards

Lakhan

Answers (0)