cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business rules: Account transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I am trying to populate my cash flow statement using the Account Transformation. E.g For the changes in my inventories: I want the difference between the closing balance of DEC (of the previous year) and the closing balance of the current month.

I thought I could use "Source Period" and "Source Year" in the account transformation. Any idea how they can be used? I want to use a property: u201CPrevious yearu201D to make the time dynamic. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help

Esther

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I think I will try dimension calculation but do you happen to know how source month and source year work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

You can do these calculations using the "Account Transformation" Business Rules Table.

You need to create two lines to calculate the difference between the closing and the last year closing (only certain columns of the Account Transformation are displayed in my example)

Src Account, Src Flow, Dest Acct, Dest Flow, Rev Sign, Src Year, Src Period

Building F_CLO CF001 F_CLO

Building F_CLO CF001 F_CLO Y -1 DEC

You can also use the current period opening flow instead of the last year closing, this should make the cash flow calculation a little bit easier.

Regards,

Marcel Frey

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel,

I have tried it and it worked.

Esther

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest using the dimension Account library functions and a dimension calculations or script logic calculations to create the value from the cube values, rather than during the data load process.Script Logic might look something like the following:

INCLUDE SYSTEM_CONSTANTS.LGL

*SYSLIB CONSOLIDATION_LIBRARY.LGL

// MOVE INCOME STATEMENT ITEMS TO CASH FLOW STATEMENT

RUNSUMMARIZE(ThisApp,CF_SUMM,%CATEGORY_SET%,%LC_RPT_CURR%)

//CALCULATE BALANCE SHEET MOVEMENTS AND POST TO CASH FLOW STATEMENT

*SELECT(%FROM_ACCOUNT%, "[ID]", "ACCOUNT", "[CF_TO_ACCT] <> ''")

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT = %FROM_ACCOUNT%

*XDIM_ADDMEMBERSET TIME = PRIOR

*XDIM_MEMBERSET RPTCURRENCY=%LC_RPT_CURR%

*WHEN TIME

*IS %TIME_SET%

*REC(ACCOUNT=ACCOUNT.CF_TO_ACCT)

*IS PRIOR

*REC(FACTOR=-1,ACCOUNT=ACCOUNT.CF_TO_ACCT,TIME=NEXT)

*ENDWHEN

*COMMIT

But this will require a few properties on the accounts members to support the calculations. The idea for cash flow is to have the basic values in the accounts, and then provide the calculations to place values into another set of accounts that build the CAshFLow statement. The most difficult part will be dealing with the exceptions, changes to the Cash Flow statement process a customer will need to work with each reporting period. But Script logic generally works the best.