cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive jobs / Delete job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some questions regarding Archiving / Deleting..

1) What are the implication of not setting 'DELETION' category parameters in 'Specific configuration'.

2) How do I delete the messages that are archived? Will 'Delete job' handle this also?

3) Also I had archived some messages using Archiving job.. When try to lookup this message using 'Archived XML Messages (Search using Archive), I get a list of Archived messages. When I click on any of this messages, I get "Could not find message in archive" message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

- did you activate SAP_BC_XMB info structure?

- did you do all the configuration?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

BTW

you can also fill activated information structure retrospectively for already existing archives:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5c/11afaad55711d2b1f80000e8a5b9a5/content.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal, I had not activated the info structure.

Once I activated the info structure, I got the 'Green light' for storage (previously i was getting red) in 'Archived XML Messages (Search using Archive)' adminstration..

But my old problems persist though..

1) I am not able to display/view the archived messages from 'Archived XML messages', though I get a list of archived messages

2) Also when I re-schedule the archiving job, it picks up the same messages that were archived in previous run and creates another file..

Am I missing something here?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1) I am not able to display/view the archived messages from 'Archived XML messages', though I get a list of archived messages

but did you refill the structure with the data?

or only activated it?

did you read the link I gave you?

if you don't want to refill it with the old data wait for the next archiving job

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is Job ARV_BC_XMB_DEL<date> does not get get triggered by my original archiving job SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE_200. The original job triggers only the first archiving step ARV_BC_XMB_WRP<date> and not the second step.

I can manually go to Archive Management and schedule the delete job. But we have to give Archiving session as input selection variant to this job. So how do I schedule this step 2, so that my archiving delete job will pick the latest archiving session automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas as to how I can trigger the ARV_BC_XMB_DEL job automatically?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marc44
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

I'm just having the same problem. For the solution see SAP Note 872388:

5) Only for archiving: check if the flag "Start Automatically"

in transaction SXMB_ADM -> Schedule Archiving Job -> Archive Management -> Customizing -> Technical Settings has been set for the section "Delete Job". If that is not the case, you will find archiving sessions in check 4) that have not been finished, i. e. the archived messages were not deleted from the database.

This should work, I'm just waiting for the job to finish.

Best regards

Marc