cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Asset Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created an asset and assign a cost center in asset master.The cost center has profit center 1. Now I transfer the asset values to another asset in the same company code. The recieving asset master has another cost center which has profit center 2. However, the accounting document generated does not capture the profit center, even though Document splitting is active and characteristics have been assigned to the reco accounts. We are on ECC 6.0

Regards

Sanil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked the configuration status as per SAP Note 684659. The configuration for the same seems to be OK. What else could be the reason?

The system is not deriving the profit center from the cost center assigned in asset master for posting to a balance sheet account.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

I am pretty sure that not all the prerequisites from the note are applied in your system. If they would be applied, the Profit Center should be derived.

Could you please provide the info which of the prerequisites of the note you have checked and which ones apply?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked:

1. Profit Center is maintained in Cost Centers assigned to the Asset master

2. The field status for the profit centers is set as optional in the Reconciliation ac and posting key field status

3.The GL a/cs have been created as cost elements with category 90

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

I had this problem with the cost center, but I found out that we don't use this we running on the end of the Month, transaction 1KEI EC-PCA transfer Assets.

But I think you don't want this you want to have direct postings with document splitting

In our case these accounts are not assigned in profitcenter accounting as balance sheet account (like debtors and Creditors). I think in your case they should be assigned

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My issue is with derivation of profit center in accounting documents. When I transfer the assets from one plant to another system is not capturing the profit center

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Have a look if the cost center field is optional in the reconsilation account from the asset. There is no posting on the costcenter but for technical reason it is used to determinated the profit center.

Have a look to a message from Monday or last week there give Marcus an answer on a simulare message

Paul