cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using cost centers as classifications for our releases. Can you use the same cost centers for different release strategies? Thanks in advance!

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can, only thing there must be some diff in atleast one characteristic value.

otherwise system find the duplicate record

suppose you have char as cost center and total value

in this case you can use same cost center but then the value range should be diff than previous rel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

can you please guide, how to use cost center as check point for release strategy for PR & PO,

Our company scenario is Release strategy should be based on Cost center 1st and then based on position of people.

you help is most appreciated.

thanks in advance

RS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

can you please guide, how to use cost center as check point for release strategy for PR & PO,

Our company scenario is Release strategy should be based on Cost center 1st and then based on position of people.

you help is most appreciated.

thanks in advance

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Once you have your release strategies set up you can go to CL24N and start adding your characteristic's

(cost centers). If you have cost centers that role up to a main one, there's no need to add them all, just the main one. Hope this help.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Once i create class for cost centre Z_KOSTL and link with characteristic as CEBAN-KOSTL, then i have to create release code as Cost center manager

In setup procedure with classification, then in release strategies, in release code i need to assign the cost center manager 1st? then corresponding designation like supervisor, manager, VP like that?

Please guide me, thanks once again

Regards

Saravanana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you would start with the lowest level person first, ours also has to do with dollar value.

So anything between $5000 and $100,000, the first release would be the department manager and the second release would be the business office. If it goes over $100,000 it would be department manager. purchasing manager and controller.

Eric