cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different in viewing the query in query designer and bex analyzer in BW Prd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello...i transported the query from bw dev into bw prod successfully. when i view the query using query designer in prod, the query is the same copy of query in bw dev and QA but when i view the same query under the bex analyzer in prod, the query is not the same.

the correct query should be able to see 3 mandatory variable input but when i view it under the bex analyzer, only 1 mandatory variable can be seen here. Whereas when i view it under query designer, i can see the 3 mandatory variable being define there. And this query is assigned in one of the role as well.

any idea on this? thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see if the variables have been personalized. remove the personalization and u will see them again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to remove the personalization for the query? thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Press the Show all values button (version 7) or menu option undereath change global query - show variable values - and anythign with a yellow smiley face - delete!

Or go into the personalisation DSO and selectively delete based on the teh suer id

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i am new in BI 7.0, i need to check it in SAP itself or i need to check it under the bex analyzer?

thanksss

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked in rsrt in sap, the personalization of the variable is not in yellow color, i can see the 3 variable in bex analyzer but the other 2 variable which is a mandatory field input for that query appear as optional variable input instead of the mandatory field input...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you re-embedd the query into the workbook and retransport the workbook as well?

Normally when you open the workbook you will get a warnign message when you do this without re-embedding it again