cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN: How to maintain tax codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using TAXINJ pricing procedure for creating excise invoice.

My question is how to maintain TAX Codes for calculating breakups of excise duties. How many tax codes do we maintain.

I can make the excise invoices but i am facing problem because tax codes are not properly maintained.

I can give more details if required.

Experts please help me on that.

Ravs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

In FTXP taxcodes are maintained. Here you are maintaining the tax rates say BED, CESS, SHECESS, CST/LST. So first you have to identify the diffrent combination if tax percentages in the business. You need to create that much of tax codes in the system. MM (input) & SD (output) have seperate taxcodes to be maintained.

In addition to that you have to maintain condition record for UTXJ condition type in VK11. UTXJ triggers the tax condition types & is the link between tax procedure, pricing procedure & tax code.

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepu,

Thnx for ur input. I have already maintained Tax codes in FTXP for input & output. even i tried for UTXJ condition record.

But system is showing error msg while maintaining condition record: 'Tax ID TO cannot be checked (there are several/no condition record)'.

I have maintained record in tax code TI (input) & TO (output) as below:

BED 15%

AED 3%

SED 1%

CST 4%

LST 3%

I have maintained the same for both TI & TO.

Thats why i am asking how to maintain tax codes. Please tell me what error i have done?

Regards,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

You should maintain two output tax codes for LST and CST and I believe you are trying to maintain both in one tax code and hence the system is giving the error.

Once you create two tax codes in FTXP, one each for LST and CST, you have to assign the same in VK11 / UTXJ.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

CST is inter state & LST is local. You cannot maintain two in single taxcodes

So ur combination is first tax code BED, CESS, SHECESS, CST and second tax code BED, CESS, SHECESS, LST. Then in VK11 for conditioon type UTXJ you maintain condition record which i mentioned earlier. Hope that you have maintained J1ID settings. If you maintained BEx rate 14% in J1ID, then in taxcode you can maintain 100%.

It will work

Please close the thread if the issue solved

Thanks

Deepu Pillai

Edited by: Deepu Pillai on Oct 9, 2008 7:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepu,

Thnx...

It is helpful.

Yes I have maintained settings in J1id for BEx 14%, AED 2%. I worked on ur tips with giving 100% in tax codes.

But still getting same msg.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Tell me ur condition types & taxrates maintained in FTXP?

Where you are getting this error?

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepu,

Thnx..

In tax code i hv maintained following rates:

Condition type Taxrate

JMO1 BED 14%

JAO1 AED 1%

JIN1 CST 4%

& in the other Tax code i hv

JIN2 LST 3%

I hv also maintained record in J1ID for Chapter ID

BEX rate 14% & AED 1%

I also changed tax rates to 100% as you said.

Now when i am trying to create record in UTXJ, at the time of entering tax code i am getting that msg.

I think i hv missed some step or any mistake in tax code.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start with a fresh taxcode.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax Codes are created using T-Code FTXP and it is a FI activity,consult your FI consultant for the same.There is no limit as the number of Tax Codes,you can create as many Tax Codes as per your requirement (Combinations).