Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Quantity in warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Expert,

We encountered an issue on availability check:

We havve material 1001 stored in storage location 100. This location location is warehouse managed.

So, wihin storage location 100, we have different storage types defined: A, B and C.

Material 1001 can be stored in A, B and C as well. To provide more information, material 1001 in storage type C is damaged materials which can not be shipped or sold out. A process order will be handled to consume all these materials in storage type C to a waste material.

Before this process order is handled, material 1001 are existing in storage type C, in Unrestricted Use status. We don't want to change the stock type of this material, because they will need to be in UU to be consumed.

The problem is: now, all materials in storage type C are ATP quantities and can be allocated to sales orders, which should not be the case.

Anyone have an idea on how to solve the issue efficiently and effectively?

Many thanks,

Jialu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jialu,

As per my best knowledge ATP check has nothing to do with WMS, so based on storage type you cannot realize it.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/93/744bb1546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

(just my opinion)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, your answer confirms my understanding also.

Nevertheless, is there any bypass or workaround?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on your explanation it, as per my understanding, it would be natural to change the stock type of damaged goods as blocked (or restricted) - and using and define the ATP check accordingly.

(Other idea could be to post the goods to another SLoc, but it doesn't seem suitable. It would be also a solution to exclude a valuation type from it, but in SAP it is not possible.)

Csaba

Answers (0)