Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing info records for PO-items without material master

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I would like to have the system automatically determine certain settings (e.g. reminder/urging data).

For PO-items with material master there is no problem, because all information can be stored in the purchasing info record, and are automatically found when I enter the material number.

For items without material number/master I tried to generate a info record for the material group. When I enter the no. of the info record, everything works fine. But the info record is not automatically found, if I only enter the material group no.

Is there any way to make the system find the info record by itself?

Thanks

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can do one thing for it....Do try to have a source list with the material group...and make it FIX...so this it could be possible...

Otherwise from inforecord only...i don't think its possible....

And it don't sense because if you have N number of info record with the same material group then how will it come into PO....

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

while creating the info record for material group, apart from other details system will prompt for material short text.If you provide there thematerial text which you are going to procure, system creates the info record with regular other details.

When you enter the short text in the field , and the material group in the that field system will find the info record for all other details like plant ,vendor combination for this material group and short text and prompts the info record number.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Regards.

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi raghavendra,

thanks for your input. The point is that I want to use the info record for ALL materials in that material group, so I cannot give any specific short text. * did not work either.

Thanks anyways

Alicia

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For inforecord without material master ,when you create it the short term field in the general data need to be mantained.When you create a PO for this material search the info record in the tab "Infor Record per Material group" .Here enter the short term which will fetch you the info record number and than adopt it in to the PO.This will enable adopting the relavant data mantained in the inforecord in to the PO.

Dhruba

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you!

Priyanka:

How can you create a source list for a material group? I thought this was possible for materials only!?

Of course, you cannot have more than one info record at a time for a material group. But one would be enough for me...

Dhruba:

Thanks for the advice, but I know how to manually select a info record. The point is, I'd like to have the system determine it according to the material group I enter.

Any other ideas?

Alicia