cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Procedure Accounting key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Can u please tell me the use of Account key. In which case can it be used?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Account key is mainly used for Frieghts.

Account key enables amount to post to certain revenue accounts, for example freight charges. When you add freight related condition types, it will be added to separate G/L accounts, means this will not be added to material price.

Accruals mean accumulating.

With the aid of the account key, the system can post amounts to certain types of accruals accounts. For example, rebate accruals which are calculated from pricing conditions can be posted to the corresponding account for rebate accruals.

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Priyanka,

I am setting up rebates in SD , can you tell me where do you do config in Finance side. I know

we need two G/L accounts i.e. 1. sales deduction a/c 2. Rebate Accrual a/c.

Can you give me steps for the config.

Thanks.

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Account Key u2013 assigned to GL accounts to register postings

The account keys form part of account determination. These keys are used here to define the posting of the revenue generated to respective account heads& to subsequent assignment to GL accounts.

Acts as link between SD and FI for posting the different components of the Pricing Procedure to the right accounts.

Keys identifying the GL account to which the amount has to be posted.

Account Determination Procedure is triggered to find the GL account and the accounting entries are made to the respective GL accounts