cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppSet Admin tasks no longer available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as a new user to BPC, I have created an AppSet copying it from Appshell. I have made a number of changes to it over a period of time with no ill effects. Suddenly today I can no longer access the administration module and do any tasks in there - other than run some basic reports. I can still access the AppSet via Excel or the web.

I can still access the admin module on the Appshell AppSet OK.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could have gone wrong? and is there any way I can recover the situation?

Many thanks in anticipation

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this in a local VM Image? The only possibility I can think of is that the Login credentials used during your first copy were based on the BPCAdmin. If you can enter the Admin Console using the same ID, try to switch to the new application set in the Admin console. Then proceed to the security section and verify that the TASK, Memebr access, and team profiles are processed. Avoid using the USER assignment security process for work other than adding a user to the appset. If you went through that process and did not re-assign ALL the user required components and it processed, the security is reset to essentially a no-access status. So verify the assignment of the Admin /User to the Admin Team and re-process. Then try to enter the WebExcel components.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel,

I think that somehow I've managed to assign the whole admin team to a "general user" task profile which doesn't include admin module rights.

Am I right in thinking that I've essentially locked myself out completely?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you cannot gain any access via any ID to the Admin Console for the appset, then you may be correct. The only other way to recify the issue, would be to enter the MS Database itself and try to re-assign the security tables to mimic the Appshell settings. But this would be a very difficult process to undertake. If you cannot access the Appset, I would just build another appset and then take any of the parts, such as dimension files, etc from the 1st attempt and use them to speed the process. You can access those files via the FileServer/FileFolders.

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petar,

Many thanks for your help on this. I will take your advice and re-create the appset.

Jill

Answers (0)