Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDOC to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Scenario is like involves sending IDOC to R/3

On XI Side:

I have a RFC port defined in XI to the R/3 system.

I have defined a port in IDX1 and have imported metadata in IDX2.

On R/3 Side:

On the R/3 side a Logical system has been defined.

in partner profiles we have assigned this Logical system to the incoming IDOC type in the Inbound parameter.

Now My question is do we need a RFC port defined in SM59 on R/3 to XI also. If so then how to assign this RFC port on R/3 to the IDOC.

Thanks

Abinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abinash,

I am sure there are many posts in this regard.

For sending Idocs from XI to R/3, you don't need to specify RFC destination and port in the backend R/3 system.

But make sure you have the following settings and configuration in XI.

1) RFC Destination defined and tested for R/3 in XI using TR.code SM59.

2)Define the port with Tr.code IDX1(SAP<SID>) where SID is the system id for backend R/3.

In the XI Configuration

In addition to defining Receiver Determination and Interface Determination make sure you have the following.

1) The Business system for the backend R/3 with Logical System Name( You can check this by looking at the menu Service->Adapter specific Identifiers. Your LS for backend R/3 should show up here).

2) The receiver communication channel with IDOC Adapter defined using the above RFC Destination and port.

3) The receiver agreement for the above CC.

You can test your scenario by sending a test message RWB->component monitoring->Display->Integration Engine <XI>->Test Tool

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinash,

An RFC destination created on any system....enables it to communicate with the another system whose details are maintained in the RFC destination....

So in your scenario, IF XI is sending a message to R/3, you need a destination on XI pointing to R/3...

To answer your question about creating an RFC destination on R/3...It is not required as long as R/3 is not sending anything back to XI....

if say for instance you want to send back the ALEAUDIT to XI.. then an RFC destination needs to be created on R/3 system pointing to XI...

Thanks,

Renjith