cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain Event daily reoccuring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guys, I have a process chain that is kicked off after an event is raised, the process chain consist of 5 more chains, which run in series, one after another.

The issue:

every time the process chain runs, the inside chains( 5 chains) automatically in "Displaying job schedulingu201D shows job scheduled at the last time it was run, I have gone to Displaying Job schedule and deleted so it wont run next time automatically and wait for the previous chain to finish. After a day or two it then again shows up running at some time, without the event and when I open scheduling it shows some time in it again.

What is correct way to delete scheduling time so it wont store the time to run next time.

I have used displayed all jobs and made sure all the jobs are finished and none are scheduled but every time the main process chain is run (daily) off, the individual china store the date and time and as they are periodic, they keep on kicking off everyday around the last run time again an again.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

I think subchains in main chain have wrong start up settings. Settings should be start from meta chain(Not direct sheduling in all subchains).

If any chain in scheduled, you can remove from Menu: Process chain --> remove from schedule/back to active version.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick reply,

You mean I should go to each sub chain and go to Menu--> Execution and remove from Scheduling, wont that remove the event that is triggering of the sub chain from the main chain?

I have done this previously, right click on the main sub chain Start variant, " Display Scheduling Jobs, found the job which was released or scheduled and from menu, deleted it, but after the next main chain run, it shows up again as scheduled

Even after I remove the event, do I need to save and activate to save changes, it will be automatically done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amer,

You no need to maintain any start setting for subchains(except schedule form meta chain).

To remove subchains from schedule, go to each subchain and choose remove from schedule.

After every change you need to activate.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri,i will try it tommorrow now and see if it works.. i will assign you points....

thanks

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think changin the Start Process (from date/time/immediate --> start using meta chain) of the Sub-chains will solve his problem. Once he changes them, they will automatically be removed from schedule and also will never be in Scheduled state. There will be no need for him to manually remove any jobs from SM37.

Uday-Ram Chamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amer,

Let me know if you face any issues, but please follow as suggested.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

So whats is the best practice, i have never used Meta chain, so its better to place the process chains , which are loaded in series as meta chains or from menu> Execution-> remove from schedule?

Amer

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have described your scenario, you are using a meta chain. Meta chain is just a term for a process chain that executes other process chains.

Your "meta chain" runs the 5 "inside" chains.

In your scenario, you only need to schedule the meta chain (ie. set the Date/Time settings in the Start variant). Your 5 inside chains do not need to be scheduled because they will execute based upon the timing of the meta chain. As Srinivas mentioned, since you do not need to schedule the 5 inside chains, change the Start variant of these chains to be "Start via API/Meta Chain" (not direct scheduling). Then activate the 5 inside chains. The meta chain will take care of scheduling the 5 inside chains when it is ready to run.

This seems like the best practice for you.

Does this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank everybdoy for answers. the removing schduling from each chain didnt work but the meta chain did work so i assingned points to all..

thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey, if you have Process Chains that are Sub-Chains within a Main Process Chain, you could/should change the Start Process in Sub-chains as "Start Using Meta Chains". I don't remember the exact words but you will find it in the Start process. In the selection, those sub process chains can only be triggered by the main chain and there won't be any Schedules Jobs in SM37.

Also, this is very safe because nobody can accidentally schedule them in SM37.

Uday-Ram Chamarthy