Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Material in Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Expert,

We encountered an issue on availability check:

We havve material 1001 stored in storage location 100. This location location is warehouse managed.

So, wihin storage location 100, we have different storage types defined: A, B and C.

Material 1001 can be stored in A, B and C as well. To provide more information, material 1001 in storage type C is damaged materials which can not be shipped or sold out. A process order will be handled to consume all these materials in storage type C to a waste material.

Before this process order is handled, material 1001 are existing in storage type C, in Unrestricted Use status. We don't want to change the stock type of this material, because they will need to be in UU to be consumed.

The problem is: now, all materials in storage type C are ATP quantities and can be allocated to sales orders, which should not be the case.

Anyone have an idea on how to solve the issue efficiently and effectively?

Many thanks,

Jialu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Process Order --> Operations --> Availability Check --> Define checking control, you can define the check rule to be used for a plant/order type during creation and release of an order using that order type.

You therefore only need an order type for processing waste that uses a check rule that includes blocked stock, whilst all other production uses order type(s) that reference a check rule that doesn't include blocked stock.

Hope that answered your question

Alex Dixon

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear R.Brahmankar,

Indeed, that's the limitations we encountered.

I consider this ticket as closed.

R.Brahmankar & Alex,

Thanks for both of you, providing valuable feedback.

Jialu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, R.brahmankar,

I could follow your remark.

The storage location is indeed correct for the setup. (IM Level)

Nevertheless, our question is storage type, not storage location. (WM Level)

All storage types A, B, C in my example belong to 1 storage location.

Alex,

We also considered your poposal as a solution, and it should work.

After evaluation, business doesn't consider it as best fit. The reason is, we need to perform movements, first transfer waste into Blocked stock (IM and WM) and then transfer the waste back from Blocked to UU (IM and WM) to make it consumed, consolidated into 1 generic waste material.

That's why my question is still open. After some exchange of knowledge within the forum, and reading some standard SAP documentation, it seems that the MRP is only at IM level, (storage location), not WM level relevant. Do you agree?

Best regards,

Jialu

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Then you need to create one more storage location and post the material in that storage location and block this storage location for MRP. This is only possible solution for your requirement as you don't want to block the material and MRP are is also not possible as you are having storage type.

Please revert back for further discussion.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In transaction OMIR, choose your plant & then for the storage location you want to exclude from MRP enter 1 (exclude from MRP).

Or You can use str location MRP. In material master MRP4 view select Exclude str location from MRP run. So system will not consider that str location for MRP.

For materials already in this storage location if the MRP indicator "1" is not maintained in mrp 4 view, please go for a mass change maintenance in the material master & maintain this indicator.

Stock in the excluded storage location will not add up to the stock which is displayed in the top in the md04 screen. This stock will be displayed separately in the bottom of the screen.

Please refer this also,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d2d4044af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Alex,

Many thanks for your suggestion on my question.

In our situation: the storage type is the only identification for the waste master.

It means, we will find same material number, same stock type (UU status, not blocked) in other storage types.

Ex: Storage Type A: material 1001, 100 PC Unrestricted Use

Storage Type B: material 1001, 20 PC Unrestricted Use

Storage Type C: material 1001, 10 PC Unrestricted Use

In storage type C, they are the waste. In storage type A & B, they are good materials.

Is that still possible to make our waste material not relevant for MRP ?

For example, when a sales order come in for material 1001, system should find 120 PC available, not 130 PCs.

Best wishes,

Jialu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default MRP excludes blocked stock.

You can check your plant settings in IMG, under Material Requirements Planning --> Planning --> MRP Calculation --> Stocks --> Define Availability of Stock in Transfer/Blocked Stock/Restricted Stock.

I'm not a WM expert so I'm not certain if this is possible, but it would be ideal if you can setup WM so that a transfer into storage type C also moves the inventory into blocked stock.

Hope that helps

Alex