cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new WD Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How do I create a new WD component using transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB?

Could you send me some material? cookbook? or explain step-by-step?

Tks in advance.

Caíque Escaler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I created the component and the views... but when I'll test the application the screen have no fields!

how do I know what view is calling to display in the application test?

tks in advance,

Caíque Escaler

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the .htm page of the view and add the following coding:

<h1>Hallo Welt</h1>

This will show you a string if your view is called.

In fact you can put any kind of HTML in there.

cheers Carsten

pavan_kumargali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Caíque Escaler,

PCUI Cook book (CRM 5.0):

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000647974&OBJECT=011000358700001093962006E&_

SAP Best Practices for CRM 2007:

http://help.sap.com/bp_crmv12007/CRM_DE/BBLibrary/html/BBlibrary.htm

Hope this helps!!

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Gali.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the PCUI Cookbook has been posted several times today... CRM2007 has nothing to do with PCUI, it is completely BSP based.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carsten,

Could you help me?

tks in advance.

Caíque Escaler

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

creating the component is rather easy. Start the transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB, input a name that has not been used. Click create. Component has been created with a dummy window.

Next thing to do is create a view using the wizard (rightclick on views) and assign it to the window in the runtime repository. Maybe take the view with the example push button. Now you should be able to test the component using the test button in the workbench.

The hard part is doing something useful in your component.

Somewhat offtopic:

I strongly believe that a forum is not the place to give complete CRM2007 101 courses. SAP is offering courses for this and there exists training material.

It is sad that SAP is not publicly offering training material for the people who can not attend one of those (expensive) courses. Even the material they do give out, it is still copyrighted by SAP and can not be distributed freely (I know, some people do share it).

Maybe one of the mentors or SAP employees is going to write a book for CRM 2007 developers

cheers Carsten