cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have ECC 6.0 system wherein I have installed JAPAN language with NW SR3 package imported.

But now i want JAPAN language with ECC 6.0 package to be installed.

Can i overwrite by importing ERP language...will that be fine..as ERP anyways includes the components of netweaver, what do u suggest?

If not, then what is the procedure to remove the present Netweaver impoted JAPAN language. So that I can install JAPAN language with ECC 6.0 package???

I also found Report RSTLAN_SUPPLEMENT_UNI for Deletion of language.

But after excuting this, What option should i select??

Regards,

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

As far as I know, is not possible to uninstall a language as you can see at note 18601, point 4.

As per your description, I have understood that you have an Netweaver languange installed, and you want to install the ECC language.

You dont need to delete the Netweaver language. To solve this issue, just install the ECC language package.

After, perform the following steps:

SMLT > single click in 'Japan' to select it > Language >

Special Actions > Import Support Packages

Supplement Japan in all the clients (including client 000).

Run the RSLANG20 program for all the languages selecting all the options.

Then I believe you wont face problems. If you want related information, you can refer to 974677.

hope it helps!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ohhhh I see...

Can i overwrite by importing ERP language...will that be fine..as ERP anyways includes the components of netweaver

Theres only one way to find out

Regards

Juan

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Oct 8, 2008 2:26 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't get this If the language is already installed why do you want to replace it with the same language?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The language is installed by importing Netweaver package and Netweaver has only 4 basic components and whereas ECC has 32 components...

So remaining 28 components are missing.

So the customer is asking for ECC now.

Regards,

Kaushik