cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Under Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All:

Regardless to the user status, is there any other way I can know from it that the equipment is under maintenance......in other way, If I created an order on the equipment and this order requires Shutdown, what kind of effect will be happened on the Equipment..

Thank you

Hefni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hefni,

Click the object information button inthe equipment (if configured). This will show you the number of open orders/notifications

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

in fact if you have configured the object information key then system automatically prompt you that how much notification and order has been created for the equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA:

But how can you search for it? I mean how can you know from teh begining that this equipment is out of service

Thank you

Hefni

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hefni,

What is your definition of out of service ?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

PeteA:

I mean that it is in a shutdown status

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what defines the equipment as being in a shutdown status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Notification, I Checked the breakdown checkbox

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, from within an equipment, you want to know if there are any open notifications with the breakdown indicator selected???

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

PeteA:

From this prespective, I can know if there is any opened notifications, and it is very easy, let me tell you the story by another way, suppose you are using this Equipment (Crane) as a tool, and you just want to use it...however now it is under maintenance, is there any way you can discover that this Crane is under maintenance and you can not use it....

I created a user status called (Under maintenance)...and thus when you searh for it, the user status will telll you that this equipment is under maintenance and then you will not be able to use it, but my question was regardless to this user status is there any other way

Thank you

Hefni

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hefni,

Not without some form of development e.g. ABAP report or user-exit..

You could extend your user-status to inhibit creation of orders and notifications. This is done via the transaction control in TCode OIBS.

PeteA