cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer not adhering to Fixed Lot Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem of optimizer not respecting the fixed lot size defined in product master. Explanation is as follows

Product 'A' must be produced in a fixed lot of 5 tons. I have maintained the same in Lot size tab of product master. I am using discrete optimizer with Minimum PPM/PDS Lot Size & Integral Lot Size both enabled in the optimizer profile. I have also enabled the discretization in the PPM.

Now if the demand is 17 tons, the expected output is to have 4 orders of 5 tons each. However system is creating 3 orders of 5 tons & the last order of 2 tons to cover the demand of 17 tons. I have maintained storage cost for the product. If I don't maintain this, then the system plans much more quantities than the requirement.

Can anyone help to solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if your last lot is falling in the bucket that is outside the discretization horizon maintained in Opt profile.

I will come back if I get something more.

Take care.

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin. Late reply from my end as I was out o the office. The last lot is not falling outside descritization horizon.

Any further suggestion on this? I wonder how it works perfectly when heuristics is used ?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you set max stock level value or a very high storage cost for the product?

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply. Any way the issue is sorted out

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you explain how this issue is sorted out as we are also facing same issue.

Best regards,

Vaibhav