cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to expose ABAP RFC as web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is as follows: Expose ABAP RFC as web service and consume that web service using NWDS.

Web Service Creation part:

I have designed a simple RFC and created web service for it. I am able to find that web service in WSCONFIG in green colour. And in WSADMIN also it is found. But I could not found it Web Services Navigator of XI server. I think in web service administration settings in WSADMIN, I have the wrong URL for J2EE server. The IP address over there is not same as the XI server IP. Is that the cause for this problem?

Web Service Consumption using NWDS:

I have created web service client proxy (following Web Services Cookbook guide) and written an application to call that web service. But i got a warning as follows:

Warning ! Protocol Implementation http://com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.features.builtin.MessageIdProtocol could not be loaded (NoClassDefFoundError) !

Error Message is :com/sap/guid/GUIDGeneratorFactory

[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1551d7f

Please help me.

Thank you.

Regards

Bhanu Tiruveedula.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

Follow these links

Exposing Remote Function Module as Web Service in XI - Step By Step

Without using XI in Web Dyn Pro

Testing Web services

Communication between SAP System & Webservice Using Proxies

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to use that web service in NWDS, you can directly consume the WSDL file in NWDS, why are you want XI in between? just take the wsdl generated of RFC and consume it in NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Every time we need to expose ABAP RFC as web service, we :

1) import the RFC/BAPI definition in PI Integration Repository, and use it as inbound message

2) create the outbound message

3) map them

4) use the option : "define web service" to make PI generate the wsdl file.

5) create the corresponding objects in Integration Directory, that is : receiver determination, receiver agreement, soap sender channel, rfc receiver channel.

6) develop your consume application using the wsdl file created in PI.

7) the url where the service is published in the netweaver is :

http://<serverhost>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<ServiceName>:<Channel Name>

where ServiceName : Service used in your scenario.Channel Name : SOAP Sender Channel Name.

Good luck !

Regards,

Matias.