cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find response time of a transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a performance problem. Transaction some takes long time to run and some times less. Is ther any way to find out how much time it takes every time to run. ST03 give total average time. I want to find out the way where I can know if a particular transaction executed 4 times in a day then i should get its log four times and only one as shown it ST03.

Similary in a transaction it may be accessing/updating tabls, is there any way to find in details which table took how much time?

Can somebody help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

STAD - for getting details on the which step took which time.

ST05 - run a trace against the tocode to find out which sql takes how much time.

For STAD, because of the file size parameters, you may not see the old data.

- Statistics data is collected during each dialog step, executed by each work process.

- check the parameters starting with stat/*, for example, stat/rfcrec. read documentation in RZ11

- This statistic data is stored by the work process in shared memory, then moved to the stat file if buffer area is full / STAD or the Last Minute Load analysis is run / an hour has passed

- The data is transferred to an operating system-level file, stored at the location given by the parameter stat/file. (instance-specific)

- For each hour a new stat file is written. The parameter stat/maxfiles determines how many stat files will be written until the oldest is overwritten.

- So if you increase the no of maxfiles it can contain more statistical data.

Hope this helps.

Debasis.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can find the response time of a transaction using STAD or St03 t-codes.

Regards,

Prashant

pavan_kumargali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vitthal Prabhu,

STAD records will be available only for maximum of 12 hours duration.

Also you need to check the STAD records by logging to same instance, where you want to further tune.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Gali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

Please take help of transaction STAD. This will give you finer dtails about the transaction and relative time for each dialog steps

Thanks

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am running through STAD its giving message "No ststistical data found for given criteria"

The above error its giving for any criteria i enter.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you've to monitor the system accordingly if you have performance issues. if you're experiencing different response times for a same tcode at different time, its because of the system load at different time. Check if you normal system health is okay or not. or if you see some performance bottlenecks during the peak time of the day.

Run a trace against the tcode in ST05 to find out how much time it takes during each sql query.

hope this will help

Debasis.