cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down by key - displays sometimes the value sometimes the text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using a DropDownByKey. When starting the application the drop down box shows the TEXT of the selected item. After navigating to another view and coming back the drop down box displays the VALUE of the selected item. How can I fix this problem? I want the drop down box to display always the item's TEXT not its VALUE.

Thank you.

Regards

Kerstin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have only ever seen this happen when the VALUE_SET changes or is cleared and the value of the context attribute bound to the Key UI element property can no longer be found in the VALUE_SET. Are you populating the VALUE_SET manually? If so check to make sure it is isn't getting recalculated improperly. If the VALUE_SET is coming from the Data Dictionary Domain, then you might want to consider opening a support message as this may well be a bug.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin

I saw this recently in a colleague's WDA. He had defined the data element that the DDK was pointing to as NUMC 3 and had leading zeros for his values. Once the leading zeros were removed, the DDK performed as it should.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thank you for your answer. I populate the VALUE_SET manually. But it is always recalculated the same way. Although after ever "Round trip" the TEXT is substituted in the display by the VALUE. Might be a bug too?

Regards

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

thanks for your help. It might be a problem with integers as values although I have no leading zeros.

Regards

Kerstin

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It could be a bug, but since you are setting the value_set yourself I would place a few breakpoints in that logic just to make sure something strange isn't happening there. A missing entry in the value_set is all it would take to cause what you are seeing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I have already tested it. I relocated the method call-up for filling the value from the wddoinit method of the view to the wddoinit method of the componentcontroller an placed a breakpoint in it. The method is not passed during the navigation from view A to view B and back. But the problem still exists. After coming back to view A the text is replaced by the value.

Answers (0)