Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify administrator for the Fax status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending PO by fax but some times my system not able to deliver fax to vendor bcoz of the wrong number or delay in transmission and when i check it in SOST there it shows that unable to deliver bcoz of.......My requirement is to notify the administrator by sending mail that system is unable to deliver fax for this PO.

Tell me what should i do for the same ?

Thanks,

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCOT performs according to network connection. So when sending a Fax, check the internet connection to send.

I think, internally you can raise an alert or mail to adminstrator when the connect is failed.

Regards,

Dhanunjaya Reddy

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCOT performs according to network connection. So when sending a Fax, check the internet connection to send.

I think, internally you can raise an alert or mail to adminstrator when the connect is failed.

Regards,

Dhanunjaya Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I don't want to generate alert when connection fails . I want when system unable to deliver fax for any reason then it should send mail to admin.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for a realtime info update to Administrator or a Batch mode will work?

For Batch Mode....You can try with a report in Background job that keeps on checking the SOST table and the Report o/p can be send to Administrator via a Email......

0 Kudos

Hi,

For real time update..you can use FM "SO_new_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 "...to send email based notification to your system administrator...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a fax server (such as FAXSys via SAPConnect) you will likely have more options at that level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please share your solution?

thanks,

Jeroen