Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ztable maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a table maintenance for a ztable.

The contents of the table should be maintainable in dev systems and not in Quality/production.

Please let me know reg the same.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set it to use "standard recording". It's in the table maintenance dialog.

6 REPLIES 6

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set it to use "standard recording". It's in the table maintenance dialog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt

I have set the current setting to standard recording routine but still the table is maintainable in quality.

Chris

I believe this can be done via table settings itself.

I feel we have to change delivery class and data class setting.I dont what values to maintain for the same.

0 Kudos

what is the need of Table maintenance. if you don't want it in Quality and Production.

in General it can be dealed with Authorizations. Which you need to specify it while creating the maintenance for a table.

if you don't want it in Q and Production then create $tmp for Table maintenance alone. Don't transport it.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you've got the standard recording in place, then it should prompt you for a transport in dev, but nowhere else. I suspect it is your system settings that are incorrect. They should prevent a change. But as Vijay says, you should control transactions through authorisations. The users certainly shouldn't have access to SM30 and SE16. At the very least create tx for each table that must be maintainable in production, and protect it with authoirsations.

In case it isn't and your feeling is right, would you care to share with us what data class setting and delivery class you have used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Normaly there are other User authorisation in the Product System. If you have created an Mantance View, you can edit the enty in all the Systems.

regards

Chris

Ask your administor for this Problem

former_member125661
Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is you transported the table maintenance without standard recording and then changed it to standard routine later..Redo the whole thing..

Delete the table maintenance in SE54 in DEV and recreate it again and then transport with standard recording option and proper authorization object and then transport to QA.