cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availibility check in 3rd Party sales..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !! Gurus,

How availibility check is done in 3rd party sales.

As material is going from vendor to the customer directly. Whether we have to maintain some storage location saying vendors material ?

Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul!

Raja in his answer above has rightly stated that availability check is not feasible in Standard SAP, nor I have seen any customized solution for it.

But the requirement of checking wether the Vendor will be able to supply, has to be met. I have seen many people using IDocs, Mails as an output of the sales order. If vendor accepts to supply, the prices of the venodr are uploaded as cost and some sort of tagging is done on confirmation.

The tagging could be in the form of text in heaader or additional data and in one case a check box for confirmation.

Hope this helps you.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !! Abhishek,

This is 1st part of reqt. We are using Global Trading contracts WB21. In this after release of it system automatically generates S.O. and P.O to the customer and Vendor. This is also 3rd party scenario. Here requirement is that vendor supplies material in weekly basis.

How to check avilibility of material weekwise.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

There is no standard SAP solution for this. and the solution of this lies in business and not in SAP. SAP can follow the business.

Try finding out what business does today. Then we can disucss this.

If you need we can discuss this over phone.

Thanks.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

There is no standard solution, But most of the clients follow these steps..

maintain vendor storage location or depository - This is similar to reqular storage location.

When vendor updates his stock on weekly basis update your stock in that storage location.

everything similar to regular storage location, but availability and other factors are not as accurate as clients own stock.

Some times clients even follow availability request form procedure too.. In which they will send a form/ just word document to reserve the stock at vendor location. SO will be on block for vendor approval...once they recieve approval from vendor, they will process document.

Let me know, if you have any questions/concerns

Regards

Gopal

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

availability check doesnot happen for third party orders as the third party vendor supplies the goods directly to your customer

The third party order schedule line category CS doesnot have availability check activated in it

The third party process is when you save the sales order a purchase requistion created and passed on to the vendor who then supplies the same and we bill the customer

In logical sense also we cant make availability check in a vendor godown

Experts correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Raja