cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting and reversing a cleared document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to reset and reverse a customer clearing document. The clearing document which is 54203512 was posted and matched against the customer invoice in the previous period. When reversing and resetting the document in transaction code FBRA, a pop up screen u201CReversal Datau201D appears. The reversal reason is specified as 01 (Reversal for incorrect posting), posting date is todayu2019s date however the original clearing document 54203512 was posted in 05.09.2008 and in previous period. Click on continue.

The document is not reset and reversed and I am getting the error message u201CReversal reason 01 only permits posting date 05.09.2008u201D. Not sure why the document is looking at the posting date of original document even though I specified the reversal date as 08.10.2008. Can a document be reset and reversed in different periods?? Or does this cause any issues or problems? Or is this a bug??

Thanks in advance

Evelyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member266169
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

as mentioned the reversal reason allwos always the reversing in the same date as the original document date.

Butr you to reverse it on the current period so you have to use reversal reason 02.

BR Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually reversal reason 01 is reversal in current period and 02 is reversal in closed period.Try using reversal reason 02.You should be able to reverse the same.

Thanks

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are only 2 controls allowed for Reversal reasons:

1. Negative posting

2. Alternative date for posting

The symptom you have mentioned would be of a control from somewhere else, i.e. either a user exit or a validation. An order reason can only restrict it to current date or allow any other date. At least that is what I have experienced.

Cheers...